· Completed water main installation along Raleigh Road
· Completed water main installation along Baffin Road
· Continued water main installation along Drake Road
· Began performing required testing and acquiring necessary approvals of newly installed water main along Raleigh Road and Baffin Road prior to placing into service
Work Anticipated to be performed, June 26th to June 30th
· Complete water main installation along Drake Road
· Complete necessary testing and received necessary approvals to place newly installed water main into service along Raleigh Road and Baffin Road.
· Begin water service replacements along Raleigh Road starting at the north end and working south
· Nicor Gas continuing to install gas mains and services
Next week, the contractor will begin water service replacements along Raleigh Road. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
Many of you have likely heard in the news about the potential for construction shut-downs associated without having a state budget passed by the legislature. This project is not affected by that potential shut-down since no State or Federal funds are being utilized. This project is 100% funded by the Village of Glenview; therefore, work will continue without delay.
Also, Nicor Gas has been replacing the gas main and services throughout the neighborhood. They will be contacting you to schedule a time to switch-over from your old service to the new service. Please make contact with Nicor to schedule this switch-over as soon as possible once your notice is received. Getting the old gas main abandoned as quickly as possible will help complete the project sooner. Please be on the look-out for these notices from Nicor Gas.
Thank you for all your patience as you are dealing with the inconveniences that come with living in a construction area.