· Completed water main installation along Drake Road
· Performed necessary testing and received approvals to place new water main into service along Raleigh Road and Baffin Road
· Started performing necessary testing to place new water main into service along Drake Road
· Water service replacements along Raleigh Road
· Nicor continuing to replace gas mains and services.
· Site clean-up prior to July 4th Weekend
Work Anticipated to be performed, July 3rd to July 7th
· No work scheduled to be performed on Monday, July 3rd or Tuesday, July 4th on-site
· Complete water service replacements along Raleigh Road
· Begin water service replacements along Baffin Road
· Complete necessary testing and received necessary approvals to place newly installed water main into service along Drake Road
· Begin water service replacements along Drake Road
· Nicor Gas continuing to install gas mains and services
The contractor will continue water service replacements throughout the neighborhood. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
Nicor Gas has been replacing the gas main and services throughout the neighborhood. They will be contacting you to schedule a time to switch-over from your old service to the new service. Please make contact with Nicor to schedule this switch-over as soon as possible once your notice is received. Getting the old gas main abandoned as quickly as possible will help complete the project sooner. Please be on the look-out for these notices from Nicor Gas.
As stated in previous posts, since this project is funded by the Village of Glenview, construction will not be delayed due to the current shut-down of IDOT projects.
Have a safe and enjoyable July 4th Weekend.